The Power of Handwritten Recognition
The best way to recognize great performance is by sending a handwritten motivational card. I believe there are two things that motivate most sales reps.
1. Is the ability to do the job they paid to and
2. Being recognized for a job well done.
Personalized hand-written notes are a rarity? With email and text messages it is very easy to bang off a quick note. If you want to differentiate yourself as a manager, handwriting personalized recognition cards are very motivating.
If you want to be a STAR sales manager, make sure you have various motivational cards at your disposal.
Make sending recognition notes a discipline. The key is planning time to do this. I used to book one hour every month to write recognition notes.
I was blown away when one of my sales reps, Christine, came up to me six months later and said how much she appreciated my note. WOW, personal handwritten communication is a POWERFUL form of recognition.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s tip.
Sales Management Training
Want more sales management training tips? Check out these valuable sales management tips on our YouTube Channel Sales Management TV. Make sure to subscribe!
- Tip #1 Just do It!
- Tips #2 Start Asking
- Sales Management Training Tip #28 Hiring Top Performers Made Simple
- Sales Management Training Tip #29 Use Science when Hiring Top Sales People
- Sales Management Training Tips: Set your Goals for Success
- Sales Management Training Tip: The Power of Handwritten Recognition
- Sales Management Training Tip – Focus on What’s Going to Make You Successful!
- Sales Management Training Tip: Shift your Coaching Style
- Sales Management Training Tip: Don’t Hire the Plug and Play
- Sales Management Training Tip #49 – The Theory of 8
Remember you hold the key to unlocking the potential of your sales team.